With the rising demand for the sub-4m SUVs in the country, Ford India is all set to revive the EcoSport by launching the updated version in the country. Slated to launch in the domestic market by November 9, the new Ford EcoSport will further intensify the rivalry in the sub-4m SUV space, dominated by Maruti Vitara Brezza. Moreover, variant wise details of the new EcoSport were leaked ahead of its India launch. Likely to get starting price of INR 7 lakh (ex-showroom), the new EcoSport gets cosmetic changes inside out along with new engine options. Moreover, the current EcoSport model starts from INR 7.21 lakh and goes up till INR 10.92.
1. The new Ford EcoSport facelift gets a complete overhaul wherein it features all-new grille, new headlamps, new fog lamps, new alloy wheels, new tail lights, roof rails and more.
2. The updation also continues on the inside, as the SUV gets updated interiors sporting new dashboard layout, new infotainment system along with bunch of new equipments.
3. It will be powered by new Dragon engines. Te upper trim level will get 1.5-litre Dragon engine whereas lower trim level are likely to sport smaller 1.2-litre Dragon unit. Moreover, the company could also retain 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine.
4. Ford EcoSport will also be offered in diesel avatar which will be powered by the same 1.5-litre TDCi motor. It is the same engine which does duty on the current model. The oil burner is capable of producing 110bhp @ 6300 rpm with peak torque of 140Nm @ 4400 rpm.
5. Feature-wise, the 2017 EcoSport will bag hi-tech features like Ford’s SYNC 3 compatible with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, cruise control, speed limiter, rear view camera, automatic climatic control, ABS with EBD, EBA, ESC, TCS, HLA, 6-airbags, rear parking sensors and more.
6. As far as the prices are concerned, the new EcoSport is expected to feature loaded with new powertrain options and host of exterior and interior updates. So, we speculate that the company could price the new EcoSport in the range of INR 6.5 lakh to INR 11 lakh (ex-showroom).
8. Dimensionally, the new EcoSport is expected to remain the same with length of 3999mm, width of 1765mm, height of 1708mm along with wheelbase of 2520mm and ground clearance of 200mm.
9. In terms of competition, the upcoming new EcoSport will take on the rivals like Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra TUV300 and others in the sub-4m segment.